The Misinformation and Social Behaviour Lab aims to develop and test theories regarding the spread of and vulnerability to false beliefs, as well as developing and evaluating scalable strategies for addressing misinformation in society and bringing about changes in social behaviours.
Specifically, we aim to:
- Uncover the factors that contribute to misinformation and false beliefs in society.
- Examine the determinants of people’s engagements in social behaviours
- Understand what works in persuasive messages
- Augment social psychological intervention capacity in the School of Psychology
- Promote open, reproducible research practices.
- Champion the value of psychology to everyday life.